Saturday Story idea

Good news, I will still be able to write as often as I am now. I will be be running the back stage of the play. Plus I've been offered to be the assistant director. I'm thinking about doing that. At least I won't have any lines to remember, not to say if I do become the assistant director the lines won't get stuck in my head.
This looks like it will be a kind of quiet weekend except for the fact that the Packers are playing today. So I will be hanging around the house doing housework before the game starts. Go Pack Go!

I've been trying to develop some characters for a story I would like to write some day.
The story would be called The Door of Wonders.
It's about a young girl who discovers an old log cabin in the backwoods of her grandparents farm in the 1960's. Her name is Trudy. She is the middle child of three. One older sister and a younger brother. She often feels like she doesn't matter.
It starts out with her parents moving them to her grandparents farm to help them out with things. Trudy enjoys living on the farm. Everyone has their own responsibilities.
But when she starts school and the kids learn where she lives, they treat her as if she is a freak. Only one girl, Mallory, becomes her best friend. The two of them do all most everything together.
One day when Trudy was cleaning out an old trunk her grandmother gave her, she found a really strange looking key. She asked her grandmother what it was for. She said she found it along time ago and because she thought it was very interesting she kept it.
Trudy polished it up , put it on a chain and wore it around her neck. She thought maybe someday she would find out what it was for.
One day after a bad day at school and no one at home wanting to listen to her she took a walk in the back woods to think about things. She discovered a path and followed it. It lead to an old log cabin. She tried the door and found it locked. She thought maybe her key would open it. It did. Once inside she feels like she is transported back in time. Amazed at what she found she decided not to tell anyone except Mallory.
The two of them start cleaning it up and make it their own place. When they move an old cabinet they find a door behind it. Above the door is written THE DOOR OF WONDERS but it's locked. Trudy tries the key and the door opens. Looking out the door they see very strange things.

Well that's the beginning idea. I've been working on this idea for along time. I'm always looking for help to guild me through it.

The thought for the day:
"Bad luck may happen, but good luck can be made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake