Happy New Year to all!


I want to wish all who read this a year that will be the most amazing year ever. I started it the same way I always do. With my eyes shut and the lights off. I was going to stay up later then usual but I've got a dog, her name is Fawn, who is use to me going to bed around 9pm and she gets a little insistant about going to bed at about the same time.
I've got an old scrap book that I think my grandmother made back in 1935 or 36. There are a lot of pictures about a big snow storm . Now those where winters. There are also a few poems that were cut out a newspaper. I thought I'd write one out.
This one is titled: On Going South for the winter written by Edger A. Guest 1936

The rich from winters rage have fled,
To lands where skies are soft and blue
And blossoms deck the paths they tread.
The rich will laugh the winter through.

I sit within my sheltered nook
And watch the snowdrifts piling high.
As through my window pane I look
I see the poor go trudging by.

Upon the corner of the street
I see an old man brave the storm
And rub his ears and stomp his feet
Struggling to keep his body warm.

And this I think: The rich can buy
The warmth they need all winter long.
They do not need a sunny sky,
Their coats are stout, their shoes are strong.

'Tis strange that they should run away
To lands where gentle breezes blow.
It is the rich who ought to stay.
It is the poor who ought to go.

I thought it was a good poem to start a new year out.
I want to see if I can post something of some sort everyday if possible. Even if it's just a saying for the day. I'll be doing most of my posting late afternoons during the week and maybe in the mornings on weekends. I'll try to think of different things to ponder about daily events .
Now for the todays saying:

The best way to succeed is to start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake