New Year Resolutions

Why make them? To me it's almost always a false promise we make to ourselves. We say we are going to eat less, go to a gym more, stop smoking etc. etc... They are good things to want to do but do we always have to expect things to change over a short period of time? We don't like to wait for anything any more. Most of the time my life feels like it is in fast forward. I would like to slow way down really enjoy life the way it should be. But the older you get the faster time flies.
Now for the next 11 months we will have to listen to all those people who want to be president. As time goes on the mud slinging will get dirtier and dirtier. Maybe one of my resolutions should be less TV. Just to save myself the head ache of listening to them.
Who will make the best president? I'm sure a woman would be nice. Or even the first black president would be good. One thing I will say is keep religion totally out of it. Number 1 thing is taking care of this country and doing better things to help the planet or prepare for what mother nature has planned for us. It's not going to be pretty. I plan on trying to be more respectful of her.
Remember if it weren't for this planet, where would we be?

Saying for the day:
Never give an empty purse, lest both giver and taker be likewise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake