Give and Take

As we go through life we we can be known as someone who gives or someone who takes. What are you?
Some people are always giving, giving things and giving of themselves.
Some give because it makes them feel good.
Some give only if they know there is a big reward for them.
Some give back when they have been given help.
Some give to others to present a false image.
Some only give a small fraction compared to what they've taken from others.
Takers very rarely give anything back.
Most feel they deserve everything they want without doing anything to earn it. And when they are pressured to do something back they come up with every excuse under the sun. They say they are to hurt to do anything , they don't have time , they make it hard to find them or they just pretend they didn't hear you.
Where do I fit in? I'm not a taker. I do a lot of thing to help people when I can. If I'm thanked in some way it's fine if not, that's OK too. I feel better if I'm being helpful . I can't sit back and watch someone have problems when I know I might be able to do something. I take a chance sometimes knowing I could used by a taker. But I like to look at it as building good karma.

This brings me to the thought for today:
"Never take without giving in return, lest you be beholden to the giver."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake