Bear News


Last year I showed pictures of what a bear can do to a corn field well, the tales continue. It looks like there are at least three bears in the neighborhood. A big one on this side of the road. At least that is where it is always seen. There are two different size ones that have been seen on the other side of the road. They keep taking down and destroying bird feeders.
The smaller of the two last Friday at about 4:30 pm was in a neighbors yard and as she watched it, it started heading to a workshop where her husband does wielding. It almost went into the shed but did not. This smaller bear is going to be in allot of trouble because right now it does not seam very afraid of people. When someone tries to yell at it to make it run away it just kind of slowly looks at the person and very slowly starts to walk away as if to say "All right I'll go, for now. But I'll be back soon to finish what I started."
The other night I guess the neighbor to the north at me shot a couple of times to scare the big one that was in their yard. I was sitting in my living room at the time and it kind of made me jump hearing those shots suddenly.
So far we've been lucky that the bears have not been in our yard, that we know of. I told the husband that maybe it's because we have a dog outside. His reply ," I don't think so. Elvis would just hide in his doghouse just like he does when the turkeys come through the yard." I think I'll just believe it's because of the dog the bear has not shown up here. The other people who have had trouble do not have dogs.
So now you know where the Three Bears are and that Elvis is alive and well and living in my front yard.

Thought of the day:
"Things endure which grow slowly."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake