Pondering Prayer and the Weather

I'm trying to figure out what to ponder that has not been pondered lately. Not having much luck right now.
But lets see....

There is the case over Wausau way where the trail for the father of an 11 year old girl who died from untreated diabetes just got over with. He was found guilty. The wife was found guilty back in May. They could both get 25 years.
In this day and age here in the US it's hard to believe people still believe that prayer alone can fix things. I have nothing against prayer but we do have the knowledge to fix things medically. If we were not meant to have this knowledge we would not have it. It's there, so use it. Prayer can give an added energy boost to help healing but it alone will not fix things like diabetes.
Having a medical problem does not mean you have sinned and are being punished by God for it. Things happen because somethings happen not because you did something wrong.
There is a person I work with that has a belief that cancer comes from having anal sex. So your telling me that a small child that has cancer has had anal sex. Now is that twisted or is that twisted? This is a person that I'm sure is also homophobic.

Lets see.... there is the weather.
Around here it has been a cooler then normal summer. I'm not even sure we hit 80 degrees in July. Now that is weird. Even if it was like high 70's you still feel a nip in the air. Like when your driving and you have your arm resting on the open window you can feel a chill in the air.
This year Seattle is roasting. I think we have their temps.
The crops around here are not growing like they should. Soybeans I'm sure will not turn out. Most corn is kind of small. My peas have pods but no peas inside.
My Mom said that in the farmers almanac it says it will snow in September. I'm not sure I'm ready for that nor do I want winter to start that early. I see to much white everyday inside a building. I like to see green outside for as long as possible.

Thought of the day:
"When the light is at its brightest, there will still be shadows."


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi sandylee,

I like your blog. I came across it when I was looking for any current information regarding the senseless murder of Jean Viken. Can't find any new news about that since her remains were found last year. The husband must have had something to do with it. I hope her case is still being investigated. We need justice for those 4 precious kids that were left behind.

Michelle, Appleton WI
Sandy said…
I agree with you about the husband. It just seams so strange that nothing much is ever said about it. My girls both knew her and someone that works with my husband was a good friend of hers. I keep thinking about putting a link to a web site to her on my blog. What do you think?
Anonymous said…
That sounds like a good idea-we need to keep her name out there. It's weird how all of a sudden there was no more talk about her. Makes it seem like a cover-up. I think it's strange too, how the website findjeanviken.com, states she left 4 kids behind, but doesn't mention the husband. Goes to show you there must be others out there who think the husband is guilty, too. Did he have any personal ties to the local law enforcement? -Michelle
Sandy said…
I will post the link along the side of my blog so it is always there. I'm not sure but I think it might be called Justice for Jean. As soon as I can I will try to put her picture and website on my blog.
I'm not sure if her husband has any connections to the local police or not but the justice around here is kind of twisted to begin with.
It's been over a year and a half and I think it's long past due it got the attention it deserves.

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake