Time to plant the garden

It's another Saturday morning. I think this is becoming a habit. The weekend is really the only time I feel like writing.
Right now the husband is out trying to hunt another turkey. He has not had any luck this time. It's kind of late in the season and I think most of the hens are already sitting on eggs or about to. The one other bad thing about hunting this late in the season is wood ticks. The one thing I hate about this time of year. All I have to do is think about them or hear someone say they had one on them and I start feeling like I have one crawling on me. And he did have one on him last night.

Today it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. A great day to plant my garden. This year we will be planting a bigger garden. Like potatoes, corn, green and yellow beans, radishes, lettuce, carrots and peas. I also plan on growing some gourds, pumpkins and sunflowers. One year I had a a row of sunflowers planted and something stole all but maybe 6 of the seeds before they started growing. I'm hoping this year will not be a repeat year. I also plan on planting some herbs. I'm still trying to decide if I want to grow them in the garden or pots. Still thinking on that one. I also bought a couple of catnip plants to keep on the deck they are great at keeping the mosquitoes away while I sit outside. We also bought a couple of strawberry plants. I think we might have to get some kind of netting to put over them or the birds will have them before we do.
The rest of the weekend will be take it as it comes. It is suppose to maybe rain tomorrow. I hope it does. A nice warm rain to help the leaves on the trees grow better. Allot of the trees have very small leaves right now.
The middle part of the country keeps getting hit by all of those tornadoes. That we do not need. My heart goes out to all of those people who have been hit with those storms.

Todays pondering questions:
I wonder how long or bad all of these natural disasters will keep happening? Is it the beginning of things that will change the planet as we know it? Will the government ever see that we should stay home and care for our own people, instead of trying to control other countries or use them to try to get something out of them?

I just want to wish everyone a happy and safe Memorial Weekend.

The thought of the day:
"Good advice makes sense, even though it may be uncomfortable."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake