Pondering the World

As I sit here I'm thinking about all the things that have been going on in the world lately. Like Myanmar. Why are their leaders so reluctant to let people in to help? What are they afraid of? Or it is their way of controlling and making the people that much more depend on them to survive? By refusing help they are only weakening themselves. There is no respect in that kind of control. Maybe they are afraid that countries like the United States want to come in there and preach a different religion. Allot of aid people are linked to religious groups. They do have a habit of always including their religious views in their help. If they wait to long there will be no one left to defend their country. If the cyclone didn't hurt them the aftermath of illness caused by the conditions left behind will make the whole country weak and easy to take over by an evil doer, who ever that could be.
I was also thinking about that volcano in Chile. How bad will things get down there? And is it an other sign of things to come for the whole world.
That sink hole in Texas. How big will it get before it stops growing? I wonder what really caused it. Something is no longer underground that use to be there.
All of the tornadoes that are happening in the middle of the country. So much destruction. I saw this video on CNN that showed a small tornado take a couple of cars in a parking lot and flip them around in the air. There were other cars there but only those two were lifted up. One did slam into a pickup. I think they were lighter then some of the other ones and that's why they got to go for a ride in the air and the others didn't. Or maybe it was such a small tornado that it only had the power to pick up two cars.
One man made problem is the gas prices. I want to ask why? And who is really in control of it? Why do they keep aiming for higher and higher prices? What do they know that others don't? It has curbed my traveling allot. How did it get so out of control in such a short time? Why don't the world leaders seam to care about the ripple affect?
I'm thinking it time to really start learning to be more self reliant. I've got to start planting more things in my garden. I want to learn to find things that are edible to eat in the wild. Even to make other things that are needed. I want to learn what ever I can. People like the Amish have it right about somethings. Not the way they dress but the simpler way of living. We just might all be living that way sooner then you think. I want to get the old cook stove, that's been in the family for long time, hooked up and start learning to cook on it.
The way I see it the planet is starting to make some big changes. It could be a natural course of things for this planet or maybe mother nature is tired of us humans. According to the Mayans December 21, 2012 something big is going to happen that will change life on this planet as we know it forever. I believe it's starting already. It won't matter who the leaders are, each person will have to fend for themselves. Talk is cheap, actual physical preparation is priceless.
I could be wrong about everything but it won't hurt to have the knowledge and skills if something does happen.

Thought of the Day:
"Technology brings us together in an isolated way."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake