Excuses and Pondering Newsy Things

I meant to post something sooner but......Here come the excuses:
For Christmas I was given a Wii, and we have a gotten a few things to play on it that I've been spending time doing. Like Mario Party 8. The husband likes to challenge me on the weekends.
I also got Animal Crossing with the Wii Speak. Now I can play with the youngest one who lives in Mosinee and can't get home very often.
Plus last weekend I got a Wii Fit. I've been trying to do things on that.
I'm trying to get myself in some kind of routine so I can do a little bit of everything maybe once a day and still do my housework and work too.
You know there never seams to be enough hours in the day to do everything. Or sometimes energy.

An other excuse is I made this cake over the weekend that was very sweet, too sweet even for the husband. I had one piece after I made it and thought I was good but if I was the only one who was going to eat it I would be eating at least a piece everyday. It's not the kind of cake to eat if you are on a diet or a diabetic. It's called Gooey Butter cake. I decided to take the rest of the cake to work and share it with people I work with. It was a hit. Some people who ate it wanted the recipe. I did have one at work but soon learned it was a mistake for me. After about an hour I started getting very tired and felt like I couldn't keep my eyes open. For me it was to much sugar. There is a pound of powdered sugar in it.
So for the rest of that day and the next I felt very out of whack. But I'm more awake and back on track.
Those are my top excuses I have for now. I could say the cold just made me want to hid under a blanket when ever possible because it's been below zero for longer then I or anyone else wants it to be.
One more excuse is I've been helping Paulina with getting things in order for a house she plans on taking over soon. She wants me to post pictures of it when the Barbies finally give her the ownership papers.
That's all the excuses I can think of right now so on to Newsy Stories.

First up President Obama.
I think he's doing the best he can to try and get the government to go in a different direction. He has allot of good things he wants to try but republicans are afraid of change.
I think greed is afraid of not being number one. Look at all the things that are coming to light now. The over abundance that is being exposed. It's just the beginning of things that are yet to be exposed.

Second the weather.
The middle of the country has been hit hard with ice storms while where I live we have been below zero most of the month of January but I think today it might be almost 30 above. YEA!!!!!!
But by Monday heading back to lows below zero, again. BOOOOO!!!!!
When times get like this you wonder if we'll ever see green grass again.

Third is the woman who had 8 babies.
Here is a woman who already has 6 other children. I don't think she's married. Lives at home with her parents. I'm sure she has no job.
I ask how did doctors allow this to happen.
Who implanted the eggs?
Didn't anyone check out how she was going to handle all of those babies?
The sad part is we will be the ones supporting them.
If you ask me I think the best thing for those babies would be for them to be adopted out. I'm sure eventually it will be found out that there will be or are other serious medical problems that some of the babies will be dealing with. How is a mother of 14 going to care for all of them almost on her own? Is it fair for her parents to have to deal with this burden?
I hope the medical people can come up with guild lines that have to be met when dealing with people who want to have babies in this way.

One other newsy thing I would like to touch on is something that happened last year at this time.
On January 30 of last year Jean Schreiner Viken went missing. She was 39 years old and the mother of four young children. It was a very cold day, much like it we have been dealing with this year.
Her van was found Feb. 6 and her body was found May 10th about 20 miles away from where the van was found. She had been shot a number of times.
At the time of her disapperance she was going through a divorce.
To this date it seams like no one is really doing anything to get the person or persons who did this.
Her family and friends are doing their best to get justice for her but it's like no one is trying to do anything to find out what happened. Like she did not even matter.
But that's the way things are around here. Only certain people get justice right away while others get lost along the way. So sad.









Comments

Mama Kelly said…
Look at the bright side ... more time on the WII Fit means more slices of gooey butter cake. LOL

Both have me salivating

Mama Kelly
2witches.com
Sandy said…
I will post the recipe for the Gooey Butter Cake and everyone can enjoy it.

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake