Pondering events in history on August 25th

I was trying to figure out what to write this time. So I chose things that happened on this date in history.
These are only a few of things I found that caught my eye.

1910: Yellow cab is founded.
Image result for the first yellow cab
This says 1908. So was this just the first one at that  time but it was not formal until 1910. And if this is the first one, where do the passengers sit, the rumble seat?

1908 National Association of colored Nurses formed.

Image result for National association of colored Nurses 1908
Is this date still celebrated today? I'm not a nurse so I don't know.

1943: German occupiers impose 72 hour work week
Image result for 1943 German occupiers  impose 72 hour work week
Now that demand is something no country should make on its people. That's just saying you are slave to me and I don't see you as a real person.

1950: US President Harry Truman orders army to take control of railroad to avert a strike.
Image result for 1950 truman orders army to take control of railroad
Now was that once again an executive order given by a president?

1952: Puerto Rico becomes a US common wealth.
Image result for 1952 puerto rico becomes a US commonwealth
Will there be celebrations there today?

1960: XVII Summer Olympic Games open in Rome Italy.

 Image result for XVII summer olympic Games in Rome Italy 1960
I bet it was an exciting time for all involved. I was not born yet so I don't know.

1987: Dow Jones Industrial Stock avg 2722.42.

Image result for August 25th 1987 dow jones industrial stock reaches 2722.42
And now look at the market. But if you notice there was a big dip after it hit 2722.42. You never know we could get there again real soon if we are not careful.

Well, that's just a few of the things that caught my eye when I was looking for things that happened on this date in history. So what can you find that catches your attention?

Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Just Pondering again