Independence Weekend

 
I was thinking this last week, I know a dangerous thing for me to do. That wouldn't it be interesting if when it came to celebrating Independence we could make a weekend of it every year.
What I mean is instead of nation wide we set off the fireworks on the Fourth Of July that we make a good long weekend of celebrating it on the first Friday of July?
I would not ask anyone to forget about the The Fourth of July, never. Just when it comes to celebrating it we do it on the first Friday of July. It would give more people a better chance to really enjoy the celebration.
I ask people I work with if there was a chance to change to time off for the holiday to a Friday giving you a whole weekend of enjoyment, no matter what day the fourth is on. Because lets face it when it's in the middle of the week, like it was this year, allot of people can not enjoy it the way it should be enjoyed because they have to get up in the morning to go to work.
We have Memorial Weekend and Labor Day weekend. Why couldn't we have an Independence Weekend? Thanksgiving is on the last Thursday of November, Easter is always on a Sunday.
Being summer it would be better for all if. It could make it easier to celebrate. I know allot of places do do this anyway. But not all are able to.
Everyone I asked if they would rather have a three day weekend to celebrate Independence or just leave it always on the Fourth no matter what day of the week it landed on, chose the weekend.
So if the majority of the people I talked to want a long weekend, how many other people out there would like to find a way to make it so all around the country?
I'm not asking for anyone to forget about the Fourth of July, just celebrate it on the first Friday of July giving you two more days in a row to enjoy the honoring of this country becoming a country. I bet it would be better for business in the long run.

Well that's my ponder for now.
Till next time, keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake