Pondering the After effect of Irene

While I'm sitting here in Wisconsin watching the news about the after effect of Irene I'm kind of glad I live where I do and experiencing the kind of weather that we have right now. But I keep thinking about all those people who have to deal with what Irene did to them.

Wisconsin has had a fair share of dealing with Mother Nature and feeling it's unfair or wrong. This year we have had a very wet summer. Not right now but earlier. Right now I think things might be heading into fall. We just might be getting thrown into fall sooner then we want to.
The husband has noted that he has not seen a Robin for awhile. Which I can't remember when was the last time I've seen one myself. Usually they are here until maybe into September, I think.
Does this mean we will be drop kicked into winter before we know it? Lots or snow or really cold temps or both? I don't know if I'm ready for that. Not to say we have not been dropped into winter before. I can remember being overly bundle up in the middle of September and even Trick or Treating in a snow storm.

Anyway, off track, back to Irene. Irene was not as deadly as the hype said it could have been. But it did devastate areas that were not as prepared or warned as they could have been. Allot of these areas are still underwater, so I hear from TV.

So many did not have flood insurance. So heart breaking. What kind of help will these people be able to get? How many businesses will never be seen again? How many towns will go almost bankrupt trying to fix themselves?

So many questions and not enough answers or help available.
My heart goes out to all of you who are dealing with this mess up close and personal.
I did notice another system is churning away heading west. They are saying this one could be a bad one too. Goes by the name Katia, I think.
Where will this one cause trouble?

I was thinking that with all these issues at home here maybe, we should bring people home and focus on surviving the things Mother Nature keeps throwing at us in big doses, instead playing world police.
Just something to ponder.

So keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake