Summery Sunday


What a week everywhere. Stock market was like being on a roller coaster. I wonder if it's going to level off any time soon? My guess would be, nope.
After being off for a week from work it's always a little hard getting back into the swing of things. My feet take a while to get use to walking on that cement floor in steel toed shoes for over 8 hours a day, again. At least I didn't have to have work Saturday. My husband on the other hand had to work extra hours on Friday and Saturday. He also made some hay this week. He's a bit tired and plans on taking the day to relax.

Friday was a very interesting day at work. First I heard about a scandal on second shift over pie that we were given the other day at work as a treat from the company. They do that sort of thing for us maybe once a month. When they offer pie and ice cream to us they call it "A pie and ice cream social".
Any way the way I originally heard the story was that some woman took two pieces of pie. Imagine that a woman taking two pieces of pie, how scandalous. Some others did not think it was right and made a fuss about it. Someone went to the office to complain over it. And the people who were giving the woman a hard time about it were forced to apologize. When I heard this version I thought it sounded like something you would hear little kids complaining about.
When the second shift person who takes my place got there I ask her about really happened. Well this is what she told me.
This one woman took a piece of pie to eat and put a second one in her locker to take home or eat later, I'm not sure which. Someone made a comment to her about the piece calling it stolen. This sent the woman into hysterics ranting and raving about never stealing anything in her life. SHE went to the office to complain about being accused of stealing. And yes a bunch of people did have to apologize to her. To get bent out of shape over a piece of pie is so stupid. But this woman who took that extra piece is known to have sticky fingers, go dumpster diving, get anything she can for nothing or for as little as she can. My youngest one said that she is known as 'The coupon lady' at the grocery store. There is nothing wrong with that except that she tries to claim things that are impossible to happen. I worked with her for about seven years when I worked on second and she is a very strange one. I could go into details about things she had done when I worked with her but I won't. I'll just say she is a character and a half.
On Friday a number of different people had very short tempers. I'm not sure if they were just looking forward for the end of the day and for the weekend to start or if they were just having a bad day and striking out at who ever got too close. Maybe some of them just don't handle pressure well or maybe they thought they needed a cigarette to calm down. Whatever their problems were I hope they get a handle on them before Monday.

The weekend for me has been very calm and quiet except when my dog, Fawn, sees the turkeys that are in the field from time to time. Yesterday we were sitting on the back deck, I was reading a book and she was bug hunting, when she started growling and barking. I turn and there was a group of turkeys running in the field. I took her inside to try and keep her quiet but it's almost impossible to do. I went into a room that has a good view of the field so I could see how many, there were. There was about a dozen of them. I tried to hold Fawn to keep her quiet, not easy to do. As long as she was facing away from the window she was kind of fine. When the turkeys were almost out of view I took her back outside and put her on her chain. They were by then out of her sight. So once again we quietly sat on the deck, me reading my book and Fawn protecting the deck from bugs. Luckily when the next group of turkeys ran by she did not see them or we would have went through the whole thing again.


I've decided to close with a picture of my husband that I took at Reptile Gardens in South Dakota.

Thought of the day:
"Your rights are no less or more than those around you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake