Turkey Update and The Bear

It's the day after the fourth and I hope all had a good time. For me it was just another day except I didn't have to work yesterday. My husband was baling hay all day. He will be baling hay today also and plans on resting tomorrow. Our shed is almost full of hay and he still has a couple of fields to go. This year he might even get a second a crop and if he does I'm not sure where he will put it.

The pictures of the turkeys from the last post,when I showed them to my husband he said they were Jakes not hens. He said the flight feathers were gray and that is a sign of a tom. I haven't seen them in the yard again so far.

Up by the family cabin my parents and a niece were up there. At one point my dad who was outside by the fire pit, told my mom and niece to look out the back window. Out by a spot where they scatter a little corn for the deer was a young bear cub. It was a baby from last year they think. It wasn't real small but it wasn't very big either. My niece got a camera and took a few pictures through the back window at first, then she went out the back door and took a couple more. She got pretty close. It just sat there. She wanted to go up to it and give it a hug it was sitting there so peaceful like, but she didn't. After awhile they joined my dad by the fire pit. That cub stayed there for almost an hour and half. It eventually walked away back into the woods.
My parents spent the night up to the cabin and in the morning another bear was sleeping in the yard. This one my dad thinks weighed about 500 pounds. My dad slowly open the door and yelled at it , it just looked up a little. But when my dad started clapping his hands that bear took off like a shot and my mom said you could hear him crashing through the woods like his tail was on fire. I'm beginning to wonder if the cabin isn't becoming bear central. Soon bear hunters will be starting to run their dogs and will get the bears all riled up.

Pondering thoughts:

I've been trying to ponder thoughts that I haven't pondered before but I'm not sure what to ponder. Do I ponder about politics? Should I ponder about the high cost of everything? Or maybe I should ponder when it will all become tolerable if ever. Maybe I should ponder about pondering. To ponder about pondering is a pondering possibility. Should I ponder or not that is the question. You know what, I'm really not in the mood to ponder about pondering. I guess I'm really not in the mood to ponder anything. So that's my pondering thought for the day.

Thought of the day:

"Without the sour we would never taste the sweet."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake