Teacher troubles

Lately in the news there have been a number of reports of teachers doing things that are very unteacher like.

In California you have teachers that are doing things to their students that should never have been thought of even for a moment. In my opinion it's only the tip of the iceberg with that case.

In Wisconsin in a couple of towns east of here a few teachers, a principle and coach have been caught growing and selling drugs. Their not sure at this point if they were selling to students but I ask why? The towns they taught in are known to have allot of issues with kids and drugs maybe that's why, the teachers were doing the supplying.

And every once in awhile you hear of some teacher having sex with a student.

What is wrong with these people? I just don't get it.
I know teaching is not easy when the kids they are trying to teach have allot of issues themselves and they make it harder to teach. It's very frustrating.
But why turn to the dark side?
I'm not a teacher but I was taught by them. Some were nice while others were not so nice.
I recently saw the movie Bad Teacher. From my experience those kind of teachers were over the top. Or are they?
I'm sure allot of things have changed since I was in school.
I will say kids are allot more mouthy now a days.
But that is no excuse to turn to the dark side.
If you are temped to go that way maybe it's time to step back for awhile.

I have a thought, what if teachers were given the opinion to find a different way to recharge their batteries from time to time. Like, maybe they teach for a few years then take a break doing something else for maybe a year then come back to teach again. They could do like a rotation. It would be completely voluntary. Or if there is a teacher who is showing signs of unteacher like actions then it would be mandatory. 
It might give some the chance to step back and really think about why they got into teaching to begin with.

I know allot of teachers will be like totally tick off if they read this but it's just a ponder. Something to think about. Nothing more nothing less.

So till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake