Lookin' For Fame?

Lookin' for fame in all the wrong places.
Lookin' for fame for all the wrong reasons.
Lookin' for fame in all the wrong ways.


This has been running through my head lately.
Why?
Because so many people are getting way to much attention for things that are really not worth it in the long run.
Who are some of these people?
Here is the top three that I see are going for the wrong kind of fame right now.


The one at the top of the list is the pastor from Florida who is planning on burning some Korans on Saturday and he is encouraging others to do the same. The only thing he will accomplish is making it harder for all of our troops that are stationed around the world. He is also making it more unsafe for other Americans who are in other countries.
Let me just say that this man does not speak for the majority of Americans. I would like to say that 99% disagree with him. He claims that if God tells him not to he won't. Will he get the sign he is looking for? Maybe the message has come already through the pope who also thinks it's a bad idea. Maybe God told me to tell him he is a dumb ass and to just roast some marshmallows instead.FAME FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS!


The next one on my list is the ex-governor of Alaska. I'm tired of hearing her name so I will not say it.
The first time I heard her she rubbed me the wrong way. She reminds me of the popular girl in school who would say anything to be the center of attention. Doing allot of talking but never really saying anything important. Embellishing the facts to make her look more powerful then she is.
And now her daughter is going to be on Dancing with the Stars. All I can say is the show must be desperate to find other real stars who have time to do the show. FAME IN ALL THE WRONG WAYS!


The next on my list is actually a group. Reality people. So many of the reality shows have become nothing but show cases for extreme bad behavior. Shows like Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives shows, just to name a couple. But you know the other ones. I have never watched any of these shows. I only know about the things they talk about on the entertainment shows and sometimes the national news. All I can say about what I do know is that they would be a huge waste of my time. All they ever do is fight, get drunk, party, call each other names. swear, but, they look pretty doing it. Programs that focus on people bringing out the worst in each other is not my idea of entertainment. FAME IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES!


Fame is a fleeting thing. Fame will eat you alive and spit you out piece by painful piece.
I just wonder if any of these people will be able to find different ways to make a living or if these bad images they have created will forever get in the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake