Phoebe Bird

It's Saturday morning and I'm a little sore. Why do you ask? I spent yesterday weeding out a patch of strawberries we planted last year. I'm sorry to say last year I did not take very good care of it. But this year will be different. I hope. The reason I was able to spend yesterday doing that is because I didn't have to work. It was voluntary and I was not needed. I did get a little bit of a sun burn on part of my arms and my hand is a little sore from holding the digger I had to loosen the soil.
I know that was boring. The only other thing that is happening here is that a bird is trying to build a nest under the eves of the deck. I think it is an Eastern Phoebe. I'm hoping it will change it's mind when it relies how much we open the door or spend time on the deck when it's nice outside.
I was just trying to take a picture of the bird working on it's nest. I tried to edit but it did not work so I just posted as is. If you can't tell where it is it's the lump by the one rafter. I will keep trying to get better pictures whenever I can and show you how it's going. I'm still hoping she will change her mind because I fear that if she does not we will chased off the deck till the babies hatch and are grown up enough to fly away. But if she does not change her mind the cats will be dreaming of a bird lunch they can never have.

I decided to video her working on the nest. I think I need a better camera with higher zoom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake