Your Grounded Young Lady

I know it's been awhile since I posted, sorry. 
Everyone here is doing well. The husband and I are both still working.
But like everyone else we can't really go anywhere. It makes me feel like we are children that did something wrong and ticked off our parents so now we are grounded for a really long time.
We can go to work and come straight home and that's it. Well,if you have to stop at the grocery store and get a couple of things but that's it.
I'm trying not to watch to much news because that's all there is on it is the corna virus topic from every possible angle.
This thing has been mismanaged from the very beginning. Our top leadership is the biggest problem.
If he thinks his coming on TV everyday is helping, it's not. 
We know it's bad. We know everyone is doing the best they can with what they have. 
It's a very scary time to be alive. 

I do live in the country so I can go outside if I want to into my yard. But the only problem with that right now is there is still a little snow on the ground but it is quickly melting making everything very sloppy. 
There are animals to see from time to time. One evening around 5:30 or so I looked out the window and a whole herd of deer was coming out of the woods. I tried to count them. I think there was about 15 of them. It was like someone rang the dinner bell and they came running. This was on a Friday. I told the husband about it so the next night he was watching to see if they would come back. They didn't. I think that was because the conditions were different. Plus some idiot in the neighborhood was shooting. Animals tend to get very jumpy when they hear shooting. 
We get turkeys in the yard from time to time.
It was fun watching the four toms strutting all in a group. I think they were trying to figure out who was the biggest boy. As you can see the girls were not interested at the time.
The other morning before my alarm went off I smelled skunk. It had to have been very close to the house. That is one thing you don't want to smell first thing in the morning. Yesterday morning when I pulled out of the driveway a skunk was along side the road running. I drove real slow till he figured out which way he was going to run. One thing I didn't want to do was run over a skunk and have my vehicle smell like a skunk. Luckily he went into the ditch and stated running for more cover.

It looks like the husband and I will not be able to start our hiking adventure for the year any time soon. So for now the the Ice Age Trail will be put on hold. Maybe I can talk him into hiking around in the woods behind us. Well, once things dry up more.

Other things I've been doing to keep busy:
Watching to many things on the Roku.
A little reading.
Working on some plastic canvas things.
I plan on going through other things in the house. Cleaning out closets and cupboards. I deep cleaning through out the house.
Doing a little writing from time to time. Maybe I can write more here. But I will warn you right now some days I have to purge my mind of all the nasty things that bounce around in my head. It could end up with a post with nothing but things like this; !@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*(). I'm just saying. Wait what did I just say. 
So that's all for now.
Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake