What a World We Live in

What a world we live in. 
Thursday after work I decided to stop at the store and get a couple of things. The local paper, a snack and find something to make for my supper. Usually when I get there the parking lot is not very full. I can park in a certain row close to where I drive in and kind of close to the store. But not this time.
I had to go almost to the last area to find a good spot.  I got out of my vehicle. To me the energy felt weird. When I go into the store I sometimes grab a small cart because I don't get many things. They were gone. I looked where the bigger carts are and there were only two there. Now I thought this was strange. So I then grab a basket. Once in the store the energy felt intense. I remembered that the   night before the president talked on TV. I didn't watch him. I can't watch him. His voice, his face, his whole being sets me off. Not in a good way. I knew I would hear about what he said later. 
When I picked up the paper I was going to buy the headline I saw was "Don't Panic". Well what I could see was people in a kind of panic mode. There was a stack of TP in one spot where you would not usually see it. People had tp and paper towels in their carts with water and booze in most carts. Most people had full carts. I saw a number of people I work with. More then I usually see after work. I got my few things and had to wait in line to check out. I usually don't have to wait long but I did this time. I was hearing that over at Walmart they were out of TP. I was finally able to check out. I asked the checker if it had been like this all day. She said "It was."
As walked out I was still in amazement that people were being so intense. 
I do wonder how long this will last. How messed up everything is going to be, financially speaking. Stock market is out of control in a bad way. 
No big gatherings.
I'm not sure what I can write that has not already been written.
I did stop at Walmart after work on Friday to get a couple of things I don't get at the other store. It was still a bit intense there. Just out of curiosity sake I asked the checker about TP. She said they had gotten some in that morning and within 20 minutes it was gone. 
The question I ask is , "How many people are buying toilet paper for themselves and how many are buying it to sell on the internet at out of this world prices?" 
The week before had stopped at Walmart after work to see if they had any plastic canvas. I could not find it at first then asked someone where it was. Once she showed it to me I bought the two packs that were there. We got into a conversation about how she learned that things they got from China might be out of stock for awhile. Then she said that earlier that day some woman came in and bought a cart full of hand sanitizer. At that time there was not limit on how much of it you could buy. But now there is on those kind of things. 
I guess I can't understand how so many people can try to take advantage of others in such a way when something big like this is going down. 
Things are going to be tight for everyone for a long time. But panicking is not going to change it. 
I'm not a person who panics in over the top ways.
Just be smart in your life.
Wash your hands when you are out and about.
Don't shake hands. Maybe we should be like the Japanese and bow to one another. No touching involved. Easy peasy.
Or this is how we will all be living.
Image result for bubble people

So stop this:
Image result for tp shortage memes

I'm not worried I always have enough food in my house and tp is never a problem. They make more everyday. 
Invest in places that make TP. I think it might be a better way to make money.

Well that's all I have to say today.
Till next time.
Remember to keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake