March 2018

Well, that was an interesting month.
Most of the month I was kind of battling with a cold. It is finally letting me go from it's grasp of coughing and sniffling and blowing the nose. I hope this next month will be a healthier one.
I hope everyone else is not having to deal with this cold or even flu.
February for me was an uneventful one in other areas of my life. It can be good but then it can be very boring. 
Work is a little busier then I like. There are hints that it is only going to be busier. I'm not looking forward to over time. I would say where I work but I won't. I will say it is a cheesy one. There is one customer that is wanting a lot from us and our company has, in my opinion, has over committed us for the workers we have. They try to hire more people through temp agencies but most of them never stick around very long. 
I just hope someone in charge soon really sees the problem and solves it so the workers have more to their lives then work and very little family life. It's also harder to keep people healthy because so many more demands from work. In other words, people getting sicker more easily. Which means more medical bills. Which makes the health people busier and richer and us workers poorer.
Just the thought of what lies ahead makes me want to start hiking as soon as possible. But I will not be starting till the snow is gone around here. The ground is still very covered. I walk out to feed my turkeys and the snow is still, in places, over my knees. But right now it is getting warmer and the snow is melting, for now.I just hope it doesn't make a return showing, so to speak.
What the heck, here is a picture I took of the swing yesterday.

I don't think I'm going to be able to hike as often as I did last year. With the husbands work messing with his hours and the possibility that I could have to work more Saturdays. My hiking days will be few and far between. Plus the husbands foot is still trying to heal. Or then there will be bad weather days. Nothing is set in stone. I just have to believe it will all turn out better then I imagine right now.
Because I was not feeling well most of the month, I didn't work on any projects, sorry. Maybe I'll get my act together this month.

As for other things going on in the world I could ponder, where do I start....
The gun debate.
Where do I stand?
Well, I'm not a gun person but the husband does have a number of them. Hunting mostly. And a handgun that he takes along with us when we are hiking in the woods. You never know what kind of animal you could walk up on when you are in the middle of the woods. His idea not mine. But I'm not totally against it.
The hunting guns are used for providing food for our family.
He does not have a gun like the one that is used in the shootings of innocent people. Those kind of guns are guns of war.
Our constitutional right to bare arms I think was meant to say you have the right to protect your property or self. It does not say you can go out and shoot innocent people because you feel like it.
Maybe we stop promoting guns in video games, movies and TV shows. It might help. But I know it won't.
Freedom of speech.
This is something that will be an issue for ever and ever.

I'm not going to get in to the revolving door that seams to be in the White House. Your Hired! No wait, Your Fired!

Well, I'm going to stop for now.
I really have to start taking notes during the day so that I can put together something more interesting for the next post.
I still think that once I'm done posting on Dear Howard, I will feel like post more here.
Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Just Pondering again