January 2017

We can finally say goodbye to 2016.
This has been a year that I think most are glad to see end.
So many almost unbelievable things happened.
I don't think I have to list them, do I?

I know I had a down feeling at the beginning of it and I guess I was right.
2017 for me I think will hold many good things.
First I will become a grandma in June for the first time. Maybe that's why I feel it will be a good year. 
Or maybe something else also will happen that will help me stay in high spirits.
What it will be is any ones guess.

As for what could happen in other things, well it will be a very eye opening year for many others.
Things and people are never what they look like from a distance.
Sometimes they are worse.
Sometimes not so bad.

I'm hoping common sense will be back in style.
Lies, fake news, and half truths will not be focused on so much.
To sensationalize someone else's pain to bring attention to you, is the quickest way to attract bad karma, in my book.

I know it is an uphill battle to stop people from bullying. 
It has only gotten worse because of who is coming into office this month.
I do not like to use his name. So if you read my last post you know I will refer to him as DWEEB Boy.
My definition is: Dim witted endlessly egotistical bastard.D.W.E.E.B. for short.
I think it fits.If he does not like the name then all he has to do is prove to me he is not and I will use his proper name.
I know some people will think this is a form of bullying. Maybe it is. But knowing what I've seen in him, he would call me worse. Or give me that look that drives me nuts and talk down to me.

Some of the things I want to see happen this year in other places are:
For people to stop trying to put so much unnecessary road blocks up between each other.

Treat each person as an individual. Not to judge them for what the look like or how the pray or who they pray to or where they are from. TO HARM NONE! Plain and simple.

Find better ways to understand one another. Respect one another.
My saying:
To get respect, you must give respect.
But first you must have self respect.
Once you have self respect, you have self control.
Respect yourself and better things will come your way.

I know I should show you the swing. But right now while I'm typing this, it is still dark outside.maybe if I wait a few minutes I just might get the sunrise as a back drop.
I'm an early bird what can I say.
I did go to bed around 10 o'clock last night but I did celebrate the new year every hour from 6 pm till 10 with the ringing of my gong. I was awake before 5 am. 
So while I wait, here are pictures of the swing from the past couple of years, compare:



   Here is the swing today:

The amount of snow looks to be similar to last year for the snow cover.

I did get one project done:
 It's a sewing case and needle case.
This I am keeping. It works fine for my sewing needs.
I haven't started the next one yet.

Well before I go I just want to say I hope that 2017 sees common sense come back in style with vengeance.

Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake