November 1, 2016

I'm not sure how long this post will be because I'm kind of tired and a little unfocused. 
This month seamed to just fly by.
But when I think about it I really didn't get a whole lot done.
I still have to take pictures of the projects I got done. I will get it taken. I might even post again this month just to prove I got something done lately.
Yesterday was Halloween. I did take the day off from work. I was just planning to have a casual kind of day. You know some housework and maybe some baking of some kind.
Didn't happen.
The husband also took the day off and thought it would be a good idea to get in the car and just bum around for the day. So that's what we did.
We headed a little south west of here. We stop in a town called Hatfield. never been there before. The attraction for the husband was a couple of months ago it flooded around that area. He wanted to see the dam. 
The water is of course no longer high. But we still walked around the dam area. 
The town is a small town normally except for the summer. I did see a sign that said the normal population is usually around 500. But during the summer it can jump over 5,000. Thee is a lake with a number of different cabins, houses and camp sites that are rented out. it is a very nice area. 
I told someone at work about being there and he said there should be an Indian museum there. So I guess I'll have to go down there again some time to see if it is still there and check it out.
This is a picture I took from under the bridge.
After that I had noticed a sign telling about a hiking trail. I suggested we check it out to see what we could see. The trail is called"Levis/Trow Mound.
It has about 34 miles of hiking trails. Some of trails are also used for Cross-Country skiing and and also mountain biking and snow shoeing too.
There are a number of hills that can be climbed. We climbed up one and the viewer from it is worth going back again sometime. Hopefully on a much warmer and sunnier day.
 If only it was a sunnier day this would have been a better view.
This is the rock we stood on to get the good view. This was a little kind of cave that has signs that something spent a lot of time in it. The husband said it was poop from a raccoon.

After this we went to a place called Rock Dam.
I think the husband has a thing for dams.
Here is what this dam looked like.

It has a curve to it. below the dam the rocks are made of slate, It cool the way they look. To me the look kind of like petrified wood. It will be another place to go to on a warmer kind of day. There are a number of places to camp here also.
The last place we stopped was by Thorp. It is a working farm. They make Gouda cheese. They have around 100 awards for their Gouda.
This is what greets you outside of the restaurant and gift shop.The burgers are very filling. They do have tours of their cheese making operation and milking.
That was my day. 

Now a suppose I should ponder something. 
But right now I'm not in the mood to ponder anything.
It is a week before the election. 
I still say, that it does not matter who gets in, we are all screwed.
This is the worse election period to date.
Bulling rules the world!
Is this the way of the world from here on out? 
I see no end to the kind of behavior that I see every time I watch, listen or read any news.Do you?

Well like I said not in the mood. Maybe later in the month I'll have something to say.
Till then.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake