It's Christmas time Ponders

I wasn't going to post anything right now but, I changed my mind. So sue me.
It's early morning, almost 6 am. The husband snored me out of bed, again. When he does that on the weekends I usually check my computer things while it's quiet. 
This morning while going through things I had time and a few thoughts to get off my chest.
What kind of things you ask?
Well there has been a lot of things going on in the world that are really sad to be happening at what is suppose to be the happiest time of the year.
Seeing I got time I will put my two cents worth in.
The thing going on with Sony and being hacked by someone. The finger is being pointed at North Korea.
I'm not sure how I feel about the movie "The Interview" being pulled from being shown to the public. I will say it's only a movie, so chill out. I did not plan on seeing it because it did not appeal to me. 
In my opinion when they made the movie they could have made up a country and names based on what they wanted to say about their feelings of the real country and leader. That way maybe this would not have happened like this. But NOOOO!!!! They just had to poke the bear that didn't need to be poked by them. 
There are so many pondering things that could be said.
Is this another sign that the world is too interconnected?
Is someone else trying to cause more trouble just because they are bored?
Are some people just that self absorbed they can't see the whole picture?
Is this all because of greed?
Is it just another way to destroy a big business?

My train of thought just left because I was interrupted by a cat that wanted my attention.
 Miss Minnie

Another thought is all the protesting.
The kind of protesting that is happening, I wonder if any of it will make things better or is it just putting a bigger wedge between people and keeping race an issue when it should be set aside. 
People should be based on who THEY are and not what they look like or where they come from. 
I thought that by now, in this day and age we could have moved past that kind of judgment. But it looks like the divide between races is only getting bigger.
I think we should move on from yesterday and find a better tomorrow.
Can it be done or is that just a pipe dream?
Will people ever start being themselves and not slip into the stereotypes?
You can be proud of who you are and where you come from.
I like to say to people, think about when you were seven years old. What did you picture yourself as being?  
What would your seven year old self think about what you have become?

So many things to think about this holiday season.
You can sing about a better Christmas and talk about doing better. Promising to do better in the new year but it is always an uphill battle that is always lost before it starts.
But there is always that little bit of hope that keeps us going.
So I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I hope I can give you a few interesting things to think about in the next year.
From me to you!

That's about all I have for you this time.
I hope to see you all in the New Year.
Remember to keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake