Utopia


Recently on Fox there has been a show called Utopia. It's on Friday nights. I like the idea of creating a better place where people really work together to make things work. But this show, which is suppose to be on for a year,  is just based mostly on unnecessary drama not really creating a true utopia. 
If they were really serious about it they would have picked people who were not bullies in their ideas. 
Now I'm not saying they have to cave to each other just they should be less hot headed when trying to get their point across. 
I suppose you would like to know what my Utopia would be like.
Well, where do I start......
You start small of course and at the beginning of the year to start planning. So that by spring crops can be planted at the right time. I live in Wisconsin where we have real seasonal differences. 
Depending on how many people you want to start out with you have to know how much land you need. Right now I want to say about 100 acres. But it could be more. Plus land for hunting. 
There will be a small herd of cows. Milking and a couple of beef. Chickens for eggs and meat chickens for eating. Sheep for wool. Goats because some people like goats milk and cheese. And a couple of pigs. Food enough to feed the people who will be living there.
As for the buildings, I picture small individual cabins to start, with room to grow for each one. One main building where they will come together to discuss and plan things.
For power I see solar and wind for the main power. And wood. 
Everyone would be expected to maintain the property in different ways. 
For an added income everyone would have another talent. Like making things. Crafty things. Baking goods that could be sold.
A store could be set up to attract other people to come in and buy things. The money would divided up between the group in a way that so much of the money goes to help maintain the property and the rest is divided up among the group for their own private use.
Depending on the talent that is there classes could be offered to outside people as another source of income. Like cooking classes, woodworking, candle making, sewing, cheese making, and  gardening, just to name some possible ideas.
There could be a community garden all would help in, plus each person could have their own individual one if they want.
I almost picture a small town in order to make this all work right.
But no matter how you plan there will always be problems. It's how you deal with them that makes the difference between something that works and something that will never last. 
This is only the tip of what could really be done. There are so many other things that have to be considered when starting a new place. 
Some people would like to know about religion. That would up to each person. The only rule I would have here is respect each persons beliefs and do not try to force your way on to them. If they want to listen to what you have to say it is totally up to them. No one belief is better then another they are all equal in my book. The only one I will never except is extremists. Fear and intimidation have no room in my Utopia.

      
This could be the first point of my Utopia. Would you join me in creating such a place if you could and if I had that kind ability to start? Or would you like to start your own Utopia? Think about it.
I'm just a small town girl with a lot of impossible dreams.

Well that all I have for you today.
Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake