Saturday Morning thoughts and A poem for Grandpa

Boy has this been a week or what. The shootings in Texas and the other one in Florida. Plus the guy where  they found at least 11 bodies. Does it seam like more and more bad things are happening lately or are some things just coming to light all at once? The sad part is these kind of things are going to happen more and more. Why? There is allot of people going through things that are a whole lot more stressful because of the economy.People who lived during the great depression will know how bad it can really get. But how bad will it get this time? People want to blame Obama. Some the democrats. I blame it on greed not going unchecked as usual and the greedy don't like it. It's a very stressful time for all and we all have different ways to deal with it. Unfortunately too many people are choosing the most violent ways to deal with it.
So many people have lost their jobs. So many people have lived way beyond their means for so long and now that the economy has taken a crap, they are so far in the hole they will lose everything. Maybe if people are encouraged to live within their means and not feel that they can't live without the latest fashions or gadgets they could start to turn things around. Some people have to learn to humble themselves and learn to start over at the bottom. Determination can make things better for you over time. The time of instant gratification is over. It's time to slow down and do things right. I know easier said then done. The price of just simple living is next to impossible to do now a days.
Maybe it's just the Fates at play.

That's enough about the depressing things going on. I've been looking through the letters that my Grandpa got from all those women. Like I said before from time to time I will post one.
This one I found I thought was kind of cute. It must have been a little ditty that was going around at the time because I found another one by another woman so here it is.


                                                           Brantwood, Wisconsin
                                                            January 20, 1924

Dearest Beloved,
     As leap year is here. I think it is a woman's duty to propose.
I therefore ask you to be my darling and husband for life.
     My beloved husband, I am working everyday and
earn enough money to support two persons. I have a bed
without legs, a chair without a seat, a bed without springs
and a mirror without glass. Kindly take these things into
consideration before you answer me.
     If you think I am fine and dandy send me a box of candy.
     If your love is dead, send me a loaf of bread.
     If you think I am fine send me a bottle of wine.
     Our eyes have met, and our lips not yet.
     O, Georgette, I'll get you yet.

     Your Beloved Darling,
     Lila Haapoja


I thought it was cute. If anyone reading this knows this last name I would love to find out more about this family. Someone said the name is Finnish.

Thought of the day:
"You can't run away from the things you carry with you."
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake