Small town girl visits the Big city

Last Friday I took a trip to Milwaukee with the oldest one to see a Kelly Clarkson concert. I enjoyed the concert very much. The oldest one had won something so she was given the chance to sing on stage with the band while they were doing their sound check.
I never even knew she could sing or that she would ever have the guts to get on a stage and do anything. But she did. I did record it. I could post it here but it's not a very good recording and she won't let me hear the recording they made and gave to her. Someday I'll get it out of her or if she really ticks me off I will post the one I do have here.

We also were given the chance to meet Kelly. And she is a hugger. As for me I think I look like a deer caught in the headlights.  She had a very good show. I enjoyed it very much.
As for the rest of the trip, that is another story. Traveling with the oldest one can be a very tense time. She is 24 years old but like me does not look her age, she looks younger and is often mistaken for someone younger.
I suppose you want to know why it's so tense. Well lets see how do I describe it. For one thing she can never walk with you. She has a pace that you almost have to jog to keep up with her. You tell her to slow down she'll say your to slow. She can't seam to relax. She will not go out of her way, like I thought we could stop at her sisters place on the way back She refused. She was driving, I had no say.
I keep telling her to relax and enjoy but she can't. I like to wave at people as we pass their car to see if they wave back. She thinks this is so embarrassing.
As for the time I spent in the big city it was something different for a small town girl like myself. I don't get many chances to experience what it's like being downtown in a big city. I think I could have enjoyed it more if I had a more relaxed person with me. I just wish it could have been warmer. It was a rainy dreary day.
How long were we there? We got to our motel room after noon sometime. Parking was another adventure with her. We had to park in a parking garage across the street. Getting into it was confusing for her because she does not like to slow down and really read the instructions on what to do. We finally figured it out. Take ticket and the arm will go up and let you in.
We had to be at the theater by about 4:15 pm so we had time to kill. We checked out the mall out, checked out where we had to go and just walked around and around the block to many times.
After the sound check we went back to the hotel room till before 7 o'clock. Then we waited for the meet and greet before the concert. Concert was over after 10 sometime. We went back to the room. I was very tired because I didn't get much sleep the night before because the husband was breathing very noisily. I tried to sleep but it's always hard to sleep in a strange place with noises your not use to. We got up at 6 am because for some reason the alarm was set on the alarm clock. We ate breakfast and eventually got out of town after getting lost because we didn't have the gps turned on. We were home before noon.
 Once home I put my things away and then I sat on the couch and dozed for about 3 hours before I felt like I was human again.

I did take one picture from our room of a sculpture that was across the road from our room.

Well that was my adventure to the big city. Maybe if I get another chance to visit a big city I will able to really slow down and really look at things.

Thought of the day:
"Look after your friends; you never know when you'll need them."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake