Weekend ramblings

Sitting here on a nice quiet Saturday morning looking out the patio door, I was watching the mist that was hanging over the field slowly start to lift when the oldest one came upstairs and headed for the bathroom. She is usually not up this early because she works nights but her and the boy friend are going to a race today and she in a way does not want to go because it involves camping. She is not a camper. She wants to only sleep in her own bed and she hates the possibility of bugs. She is trying to find away to get out of it or take my car so she can leave when she wants to. But I need my car for the weekend. I told her she should have been honest to the boy, and said she didn't want to camp. It's only a couple of hours before he gets here to pick her up so we'll see what kind of excuse she can come up with to not camp.

It's looking like it's going to be a nice weekend around here. Lots of sun, temps in the 70's. Today I will be heading up to the family cabin for awhile for the annual labor day get together. The husband has to bale some hay before he heads up. It should be a very nice day. I'll have to make sure I have my camera with me and take a few pics to maybe post for you all to see, if anything interesting should happen.

I'm not sure what else to ponder about. I was thinking about some of the news this week. Like the speech that Obama is giving to kids this week. I'm still not sure why so many people are up in arms about it. He is only trying to motivate kids to make something of their lives. To think more about their future and the countries future because they are the future. It's looking to me like the whiners have just found another excuse to try and put him in a bad light. I would like to know what these people would like him to say. I think people who read between the lines are doing nothing but looking for things that were never there to begin with. That kind of over active imagination is what gets you into a whole lot more trouble. Looking for trouble that was not there to begin with will bring on more bad karma which brings on never ending problems which could have been avoided if you would not read between the lines of a simple speech that is ment to give you hope and faith in yourself as a person with a bright future.

Another thing to ponder is about the man who kidnapped the girl 18 years ago.
Listening to the news and everything they found out about his past all I can say is that the law dropped the ball big time with this guy. It just makes me wonder how many other people like him are out there because of the law dropping the ball. It's a scary thought but I'm sure there are more then you think.
I just hope people will respect Jaycee and her daughters enough that they can have allot of time to heal. When they are ready they will make the first move to tell about their experiances. Just leave them be. I know how much everyone wonders what Jaycee looks like now. I will admit I am one of those people but, it would be best for her to remain unknown so she can go out in public without being mobed by people.

Thought of the day:
"Practical action works better than wishful thinking."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake