Hiking and Pondering things.

I know I really missed the first of the month. I could have written something a number of times. But when the thoughts came to me I was no where near a computer.
First off I will say we have been hiking. So far we have done four hikes.
Here are a few pics from those hikes:


 Picture of the Chippewa River. Taken during the first hike.
 This nest was right next to the trail. The mama was very near by.

Three of the four hikes were over by Cornell area. The last picture was taken during our shortest hike going east of here. We officially finished Taylor county. When we go east again we will be starting in Lincoln county.  
So that is one thing we have been doing lately. Only weather permitting of course. 

One other thing is we have celebrated our granddaughters first birthday.
 They made her, her own smash cake. She got a bath right away after that.

Other wise the rest of my days have been the same old same old boring days.
Except this week I had to deal with two times where the electricity went out.
The first time was on Wednesday morning as I was just getting my breakfast going. I had just started the water on the stove for my tea and oatmeal and put the bread in the toaster when the lights went out. I had to wake the husband up because he the oldest daughter were planning to go to a ball game and he wanted to get up early. His alarm was set. I wasn't sure how long the lights would be off so I woke him up. My breakfast was luke warm. And no toast. I was able to brush my teeth and put my make-up on by candle light. The husband said the lights came back on about 6 o'clock. There must have been a tree down on the line somewhere. Not sure where. It was not storming at the time the lights went out but it had earlier.
The second time I had to go though the lack of power was at work on Friday. It was storming a bit at the time. A pole close to the plant went down just after 7 o'clock. it made for a very long day. We were able to sit in the break room and watch them work on it. Some people were able to go home, I was not one of them. The power came back on around 1 o'clock. Believe me my butt was sore from sitting on those very uncomfortable stools attacked to the tables.  
So that has been my latest excitement. I wonder what the rest of this month will bring.

I suppose I should do a little pondering.
One thing I've been asking people lately is, "How do you supervise over a job you've never done?"
I think about all these people that go to school to be able to get jobs that pay more. They get in a position that supervises over people doing a job they've never done. How does this help a company do a better job when the leadership does not know what it is really like to do something from the bottom? 
If you don't experience a job with your own hands how can you honestly tell someone else how to do it?
Just think about it.

Another thing I've been trying to do is limit the time I spend watching the news.
I am so tired of hearing how super messed up everyone and everything  is.
Take President Dweeb for one.
He thinks he can get everyone to bend to his deluded sense of reality. 
The only thing he is doing is making the world a more unstable place for everyone.
I know everything was already a mess before he got into office. But he is making it worse everyday. 
Why is he so insistent on having that stupid wall? He is willing to separate families till he gets his way. If that is not the sign of a very evil person, I'd like to know what is.
He seams to making all kinds of things happen without the consent of anyone else. I thought more then one person decided these kind of things.
I really think he sees himself as some kind of king and we are all his peasants he rules over.
I still see him being taken out of the White House in handcuffs someday for betraying the American people.

As for all the talk about guns, it's a hard subject.
People do have the right to protect themselves. But that does not mean going out and gunning people down.
I still think young people would not be turning to guns as much as they are if there were no violent video games and if Hollywood do not focus so much on extreme violent shows.
But it kinds of like once you let the genie out of the bottle there is not putting it back.
Or maybe it's opening Pandora's box. It's been opened so there is not way to close it.

Well that's all I have to say today.
Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake