September 2017

If anyone does follow this blog, I know I'm late with the monthly post. Sorry. To tell you the truth, I forgot about it on the first until I was almost ready to go to bed. 
I guess I really don't have a good  excuse.
But I'm here now. So lets see, what can I talk about this last month.
I saw the solar eclipse on the 21st. It was only about maybe 80% visible here. I did have a pair of the glasses so I could see it that way.  I took the day off from work so I would not miss it. It was a very calm day. 
Here's a little story about what happened before that.
The husband and I had gone to town to get a few things. When we got back there was a mommy deer in the yard and her baby. The baby was nursing. That is the first time I have seen that happen. I wish I had a camera with me. I know your saying, "Well you have a cell phone, don't you?" All I can say, is it's a flip phone and by the time I would have dug it out of my purse, the baby would not have been nursing anymore.

We did get some more hiking in. Here are a few pictures:

 We noticed this web and the way the sun was shinning on it. I could not resist taking a picture of it.
 This is the first hiker registration box we found. I did sign it and wrote a little message. If you want to know what I wrote, I challenge you to find it .This spot over looked the Yellow River. That's the only clue I'm giving you.
 One of the many lakes we come across while hiking.
 This is me. Taking a break from hiking. I'm wearing a reflective vest because the bear hunters are training their dogs. I also wear a bell on my pack to let some animals know there is a human in the area. 
As of right now we might have one or two more hikes to go. It all depends on how far we want to hike next. Then we will be done for the year. The husband wants to get ready for hunting season.Plus there will be more hunters out in the woods.
I hope to start up again in the early spring over by Cornell.That is the next segment of the Ice Age trail.
In the mean time I can really plan out those hikes. You know study maps and other things I will have to know before hand.
While we have been hiking we still have not run into many people.

I'm sorry to say I have not been working on any projects. I look at it everyday thinking about it but, the motivation is just not there. Maybe once we are done hiking I will be into to it again.

I suppose it's time to ponder somethings that are happening in the world.
I'll start with the weather.
Hurricane Harvey. Wow what a mess. I can't imagine getting that much rain. My heart goes out to all the people that have been affected by it.
I don wonder how many more hurricanes will affect the country this year. 
Here is a strange thought. Are hurricanes worse when there is a republican in the White House or is it just my imagination?

As for the nonsense happening in the leadership. What can I say that has not already been said. 
I still have a hard time watching any news at all when that face and name appear. It would be better for me if I just stayed in the woods for the next few years, away from any news. But then again on the path we are on no where will be safe for anyone anywhere.
The world is a mess that will be next to impossible to fix from this point on.
The Me against the world thinking is pulling everything apart in every way.
Maybe it's time to stop following the people who are bent on keeping the divisions when they don't need to be. 
Stop judging everyone as if the are all the same.
Each person deserves to be looked at as one not a group.
Stop judging one another based on someone else's words.    

Well, I know this is a short post with not much sense in it.
I keep trying to find away to motivate myself to ponder better things or record it better.
I'm hoping once I'm done posting letters on Dear Howard I will feel like writing here more.
I keeping trying to come up with a plan but something always seams to get in the way.

So that's it for today.
I hope you will come back soon.
Just keep on pondering the pondering possibilities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake