July 2017

It's hard to believe that June is gone. Half the year is gone. This year is just flying by for me.
Well June was a kind of busy one. I became a Grandma for the first time. Her name is Lillian Rose.
She was born on the 11th. The husband and I were in the room when she entered the world. 
She weighed 7 lb 14 oz and was 19 inches long.
I don't get to see her to often because they live over an hour away. We have been able to see her on the weekends though. She is growing like a weed and is very healthy.
I'll tell you about her from time to time.
Another thing we did this month was go hiking again.
Here are a few of the pictures I took:


 I'm just glad we did not meet the bear that made this track.
Because of all the rain we have been getting a lot of places on the trail are very wet. The last hike we had a number of places we had to go around because of the mud and water.
These sections of the trail are in a lower area so they of course are wetter then usual.
Some people are wondering about bugs and ticks.
Well we have been using three different things to help protect ourselves. Bug spray, dryer sheets and I am also experimenting with bringing a long a mesh bag with peppermint leaves in it. The last couple of hikes we have had no ticks and the number of bugs bugging us are not to many. It might be because it has been on the cooler side when we've been hiking. But the next hike will tell for sure if this combination is working as well as I say. I'll keep you posted.

I did do one other thing this last month, I tried to help a hurt hawk. But it was too late. He had more injuries then I thought. I did take a picture of him:
I know there was a place that took care of these kinds of birds. I called them and they came and got him. But he did not make it. I am glad I tried to help. They are called Rapture education Group. 

Well that's my highlights for June. Except is was my birthday on the 29th. 55 years young. If you notice on a couple of the pictures we hiked on my birthday. Which I later found out was also Mud Day. I guess you can say I celebrated it with a muddy hike.

I suppose you want me to ponder something.
A lot of things have been going on.
I could say something about President Dweeb. But just looking at his face or hearing his voice makes me start yelling at whatever I'm watching or listening to. 
To sum my feelings and thoughts up. It is like listening to a middle school kid who is nothing but a spoiled brat. The longer this person is in charge everything in the world will continue to feel like it is in the final stages of a flushing toilet.
But because of him a lot more people are blowing their tops too. 
As for the anti bulling programs, you might as well forget about them doing any good. As long as the top bully is in charge of things, the bullies feel they DO rule the world. So people who try to live a good honest  life are more on the defense and are turned into something very negative. 

Here are a few things you can ponder about for awhile:
Social media: Is it time to start using it less? When is too much attention  too much? 
People abusing one another: Why are so many men attacking women is such horrific ways?
Does common sense exist anywhere anymore?
When are the aliens going to come back at make us start over again? Or at least tell us how to be on a better path.

Well that's about all I have for you today.
I hope you have a good month.
Please try to do things with a more positive meaning.
Positive thoughts. Positive results.

Just keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake