Feb. 2017

Well it's the beginning of another month. January just flew by.
Let see what can I tell you about the last month.
My daughter and her husband announced what they are having in a kind of explosive way in my backyard. The woods is now pink. I will have a granddaughter come June sometime.
Before I go any farther I will show you the swing:

We have a far amount of snow right now.There was more but there was that warm spell that closed the snowmobile trail for awhile. I think that some might be opening again this weekend in some places. But I really don't care because I don't snowmobile. 
If you are looking for the pink, the recent snow covered it up, so sorry.
I don't know if you can see the stump in the back. There's not much left of it after the announcement.

The rest of the month was not real exciting for me. Well nothing that is worth mentioning anyway.
I have been working on a project. It's half done. I haven't been in the mood lately, sorry.

I suppose better do a little pondering about things that happened in other places.

President Dweeb, is doing what I thought he would.
I was wondering how many executive orders can a president do before he is forced to stop doing it?
The people who are protesting, well, I don't know if it will do any good.
It's still just entertainment for the 1%. 
And most of them are really driven by some big corporation.
It's always hard for me to believe that all those people can keep doing that kind of thing everyday. Don't they have jobs or is someone else really paying them to do it.
I kind of liked the women's march. because I too fear that women's issues will suffer the most if he is left unchecked. I believe that government does not belong in a women's body. By restricting one thing you could end up restricting other things.
To me it's just one more thing telling me, "We do not live a free country". There is no such thing as a free country any where.
I wish I could live in a country where common sense is the way of the land.
And also respect.
And equality.
But these things are never a high priority in any government.
The average person is there only to serve others in one way or another.
It's a game to them on how they make people, they see as less then them, do things that are demeaning. Just to see how far they can push someone. Then cry victim when it blows up in their face.   

That's all I'm going to say about that.
I want to tell you about something I am starting to plan to do.
I want to hike the Ice Age Trail in Wisconsin.
It's over 1,000 mile long in all.
No I do not plan on doing it all at once. For one I still have to work a full time job.
I plan on doing it on the weekends. As a day trip.
I know it will take me years to it. I also have to factor in weather and other things that will be going on in my life.
I know when do I want to start?
I'm thinking May. But that depends on Mother Nature. It could be earlier.
My starting point will be be Tm's Hill. That is the highest point in Wisconsin.
I plan on going west from there.
I'm hoping to do at least Taylor County this year.
Once I get the west side done I will come back to Tim's hill and then go East. Eventually ending in Door County.
The trail in places goes through some towns. Right now I don't see myself going through them. But I could change my mind.
I still have a lot of planning to do.
I might keep you post from time to time on how it's going.

Well that's about all I have to say today.
So remember, keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake