Top News stories that caught my eye

These are the top news stories that caught my eye this week.

One is the shooting in Ohio.
Another school shooting because someone was bullied. Now three young boys lives were cut short because of it. My heart goes out to the  families of these boys. As for the boy who did the shooting.....I've heard very little in the news about why he really did it. Like, he did not know these boys. Or were these boys just in the wrong place at the wrong time enjoying breakfast, and seeing happy friends was just something that he could not stand that morning. But I think he did know these boys and there was something they said or did that set him on this path. But it's still no excuse for doing what he did. Plus it sounds like he had a home life that was on the violent side. So in a way it's his families fault for what happened.
I know that's a cruel statement. But when you grow up in a house where parents are always fighting in front of the kids, they start to act out at others in the same way or worse. In my opinion bulling does start at home at a very young age. It's learned behavior from the most important teachers in their life, their parents.

The second thing that caught my eye this week was of course the weather.
On Wednesday we got about 17 inches of snow.
I took this picture this morning. This is the most snow we have had on the ground all winter. And I thought spring was just around the corner. Some places around here are finally opening some of the snowmobile trails for the first time this season. But they still have to careful when it comes to crossing water allot of them are not frozen over. This week the temps are suppose to be in the forties. Can anyone say sloppy, sloppy mess?


But of course south of here they are dealing with things a whole lot worse. Whole towns getting almost wiped off the face of the Earth. Boy, Mother Nature is certainly starting early this year.

The last thing I heard was at the start of the week on the radio while I was driving to work. It was something they said that Santorum said. Apparently according to him there should not be a separation between church and state.  

  I thought this country was based on religious freedom. Is it not somewhere in the constitution that the are suppose to be separate.
When it comes to these republican candidates everyone of them have stuck their foot so far in their mouth that they kick themselves in the butt with it. I guess the group is about as lost as lost can be. No more leadership from them if they don't start thinking better in my opinion.

Well those are my comments for now.
Till next time keep on pondering the pondering possibilities. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake