Sunday morning with Me

It's Sunday morning. I was not in the mood for writing yesterday so I'm making up for it today. Yesterday I went for a nice quiet walk alone. I walked maybe about 2 miles . I enjoy that time of the morning when the sky is so blue and no one else is really out and about. My brother-in-law is but he's busy with his farm work. I get to listen to all the birds singing and watch all the different animals that are out and about. I sometimes see deer but not yesterday. I did earlier in the week. I kinda sorta hit a deer with my car. I was going down the road to go see how my husband was doing baling hay. I was headed to town to do bring a few props I found to the theater, we are doing the play A Year with Frog and Toad. I'm stage manager again. Anyway the road I was taking to head to town is a part of the road I don't take to town very often when I'm driving. I was not going to fast when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw brown out the drivers side window. I started to apply the brakes. I swear it jumped over my car and I think it hit it's back legs on the car. I thought for sure I had a broken head light. I wasn't sure if I should stop and get out but when I looked in the mirror the deer was running across the field. I did stop up farther the check if there was any damage, there was not. Not even a scratch. I was very luck. The deer will have sore legs for awhile I think.
It's hard for my husband to make hay this year. It keeps raining a little bit every couple of days. Which makes it hard for the hay to dry properly. There is allot of hay on some of the fields but it's proving hard to get it off for a good crop. Last year it was no problem, it hardly ever rained.

I just got done reading a book Called People of the Wolf by W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear. It takes place when most of prehistoric North America is covered with ice. People had travels across the ice from Asia many years ago. They are now running out of sources of food. The ice is starting to melt but they don't understand what is really going on. Their world is changing. Twin brothers were born of a woman who had been raped by a man from another group. She died in child birth. One boy was born in light, he was Runs in Light. The other brother was born feet first. Blood from his dieing mother got was all over him and some how as he was crying he caught a raven feather in his hand, he was called Raven Hunter. Both are dreamers and the people follow dreamers. They must decide which dreamer to believe in.
As I was reading this book I saw allot of similar things that happened in the book with what is happening today. The world is changing and we have to decide how we will adapt to these changes. Who do we follow? We do need a different direction. Not just us but the whole world. So I suggest read the book and let me know if you see what I saw.

Thought for today:

"The craft can be learnt but not taught."

Comments

Anonymous said…
I read People of the Wolf years ago and I really did get cuked into it. I may have to find it on my shelf (or boxes in the attic) and give it another read.
Anonymous said…
thats sucked into it

sorry
Sandy said…
I hope you can find the book. I have a number of the books written by those authors. I'm drawn to the stories written about pre white man invasion Indians. If that makes any sense.

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake