Lilacs in Bloom

Another Saturday morning and all is quiet for the moment. Right now the sun is shinning and there is a slight breeze. Yesterday was a different story. When I was driving to work it started raining very hard as I went through town. I could hardly see where I was going. Once at work I sat in my car for about 10 minutes as always, by then it had stopped. But when I got out of work it was very windy. The flag at work was straight out not drooping at any second. It was like that most of the afternoon. At least it didn't rain here any more. It's suppose to have a chance a rain most of the weekend and be in the high 70's close to 80. I like those temps.

The other day I took some pictures , here is my lilac bush:


I love the smell of lilacs. The only bad thing is they only last a couple of weeks. Right now it's at full bloom.







This is the front deck we are working on. It has a little way to go yet, but once it's finished I plan on hanging a few plants up, a wind chime and a little gnome sleeping in a hammock. We will have a couple of chairs also. I already have a catnip plant out there. It helps keep the those blood sucker away, if you know what I mean. I also will be working on the rest of the front trying to get it straightened up so it looks nice. It's my summer project.






My pondering thoughts of the day:

I was watching the news the other day and I noticed something weird about John McCain or maybe it's my imagination. To me it looks like the left side of his face is swollen. Has it always been like that or is it just the lighting from the cameras? If something is wrong with him when will he admit it?
I also have been wondering about Obama now that it is for certain he will be the democratic nominee, who is he going to choose for vice president? There is a good chance it will be Hillary, which is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. But who ever he chooses he will still be the one at the helm.
Will the weather start cooperating so that my husband can start cutting hay? Last year at this time he was well under way, this year it's been cold a lot longer and now a lot wetter.


The thought of the day:
"Watch and listen and you may find wisdom."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake