The Moth

On Sunday afternoon my husband was going to finish up the front deck, it just needs to be stained now, he called me to come outside he had to show me something. Once I got outside he told me to look on the other side of the bush on the front of the deck. This is what I saw.It stayed there all day. It rained off and on all afternoon but it never moved. It was gone the next day. Someone at work told me it's called a Cecropia moth. I'm not sure if this is spelled right. I showed it to my oldest one when she got out of bed that day and all she could say is "I hate bugs." and went back into the house. I seen another one a number of years ago.
In this same tree at the top a pair of small birds has a nest with babies in it. They were not to happy with my husband while he was working on the deck.


Thought for the day:

"Remember, e-mail communication is about as secure as skywriting."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake