Story Idea: Time Trunk

I recently came across a letter that gave me an idea for a story. To tell you the truth the letter just popped into my head. It's a kind of cool idea and I'm not sure if I should follow the idea. So I'm going to write it here and let you all tell me if it would be doable or not.
First let me tell you how I think the letter will be found.

There is an old house that is being torn down and people are given the chance the get things out of the house. Like molding that is still good, the amazing old staircase, the flooring, you know things like that. In the attic behind a false wall is a crawl space. And in that crawl space is an old trunk. When the old trunk is opened a letter is found on top addressed to Whom ever opens this trunk please read first.
This is what the letter says.

To the person who is reading this:

My name is Cora Johnson. In 1948 I am the teacher in a one room school house in the township of Grover, in the state of Wisconsin. This is an introduction to what this trunk contains.
Each year I get the whole school to do something special. Most years everyone chooses to do something for the community. But this year the school decided to make a Time Trunk.
In this trunk you will find a number of boxes. Each one decorated by a child in the school. Each box contains a picture of the child, their name and age. Each child could put anything they wanted into the box to help tell someone in the future who they were, what are their hopes and dreams and what they envision about the future.
I am hoping that when our Time trunk is opened that you will be able to find at least one of the children and let them know their gift from the past has been found and is safe.


Sincerely

Miss Cora Johnson



Well that is the idea. Do you think it will possible for me to write about all the different kinds of kids that could have been in this kind of school? Who should find the trunk? I'm very open to any idea or direction it could go in. The date is not set in stone. It could be older, it could be younger. The person who is given the trunk could be a kid. It could be a teacher that decides to teach her kids how to research things.
It could help me to learn how to research things also and I need to learn that myself. A distraction from dumb things. Maybe it could teach me how to focus better.

I'm open to all ideas.


Thought of the day:
"Never criticize until you're sure you could do better."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake