The invasion of Turkey's

Around this time every day if I look outside there is a high chance I will see a flock of turkey's. One flock has about ten. Another one has about twelve and another one has three. My outside dog just lies there and watches them. But when Fawn see them she starts barking, whining and wanting outside. I try to get her to wait till they are out of sight before I let her out. I just keep telling her "If you don't look out the window they won't bother you."
But she usually don't listen, like every other dog who gets upset when another animal has invaded their territory.
Every year there seam to be more and more turkeys. They have the worst sense of birth control. The problem is there are not enough natural enemies in the wild to control them and you have to apply for a permit to shot them. I say give a few more years and maybe someone can convince the DNR or who ever decides these kind of things, that turkeys can be seen as small game like rabbit or partridge so you can shoot more then one or two a year.

One other thing I wanted to say. It's about McCain's running mate. I think I figured out how he picked her. He put a bunch of names , maybe all women, into a hat and picked one out. How else can you explain that neither one really knows much about the other. Or maybe he picked her because:
a) she is woman. In that case he must think all women will vote for him just because of her.
b) She has lots of kids. The mom factor.
c) She is a hunter and most rednecks will vote for a person who can kill a moose.

In my opinion his bid for the white house will go the way of the Titanic.
But then again the way this country has a history lately of choosing the dumbest things for the laziest reasons. Things will just stay the same for allot longer then anyone could dream of.


Thought of the Day:
"Find and hold a happy thought to go to sleep with."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake