Tragedy on the Highway

Sunday night around 8:30 there were reports of a man, dressed all in black, running around on the highway north of town. He was running at cars causing people to swerve to miss him. People were calling the cops to tell them about him. Before they could get to him he was able to jump out in front of a car and finally got what he wanted. The person who hit him said he was like a deer. He jump out so quick he could not react in time. The man died.
He was 20 years old and for some reason wanted to commit suicide. As of right now I have not heard of why. Was his life so bad he couldn't handle it any more? Or was he on something that drove him to want to kill himself?
I feel so sorry for the person who hit him. He will have the memory of this for the rest of his life. I don't think it's fair for him or anyone else to have to live with this sort of thing. A person who is so bent on ending their life and do it in a way where someone else is responsible for ending their life, to me is a coward. Not to say killing yourself is something someone should do, it's not. Killing yourself is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Finding a solution can be the hardest thing to do. Asking for help can make you feel like a failure. We all need help for different things through out our lives. Although finding the right person can be just as troublesome.

When I was growing up I had allot of trouble with kids treating me like I was nothing but dirt. I was defective. I had a bladder problem that was not fixed until I was in third grade. By then the damage was done. I will admit I did have a chip on my shoulder. But others did not treat me any differently then before once the problem was fixed. I was still treated like dirt. Certain kids always made it difficult for me to find a good friend or to even trust anyone for any length of time. I had day's when I felt they would all love it if I ended my life or ran away, but I always felt that I would never give them the satisfaction that they had that kind of power over me. Who are they? No one with the kind of power they thought they had.

It took me till I was about thirty before I decided I didn't care what anyone thought about me, I know my truth. They are really no different then me. I decided I have nothing to prove to them or anyone else. I plan on staying as long as the world allows me to be here. I'm too curious to see what will happen around me to want to miss anything. Maybe someday I will do or say something that will make a huge impact on someone else's life or maybe I already have.


Thought of the day:
"Ignoring antagonists really gets on their nerves."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake