Natures Show

It's Earth Day! And I'm enjoying the show that nature has been putting on around here. Yesterday I was outside doing some things and the frogs were being very noisy. I decided to go and check out this one wet spot that the loudest ones were talking. Usually when you get with in a few feet of a spot like this they all become silent, but not this bunch. They were having an orgy. There was one group of about four all piled on each other. They were flipping around as if they were trying to drowned one of them. I watched as another one seeked out one that was hidden under some dead grass. It sat there for awhile talking to it and it answered back every once and while. The one under the dead grass eventually came out and was pursued by that one and another one that was a ways farther away that decided to join in the pursuit. I stood there a while watching nature unfold. Today I went to the same spot and the frogs were not there like they were yesterday and if they were they kept their mouths shut. There was one other thing that was there today that was not there yesterday. Lots and lots of frog eggs.
Tonight after I took my shower I looked out the window and what did I see? I saw four turkeys walking around in the field next to the house. I just laughed thinking about what my husband would have done if he was home. Next week he has a license to hunt a tom turkey. It was interesting to watch them walk around the field. My dog wanted outside of course but I told her she had to wait till they were out of sight. She would have done allot of barking if she would have seen them.
I wonder what I'll see tomorrow.

The thought of the day:
"As a rule of thumb the greater the advertising the less you need the item."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake