Random book sentences

Yesterday I was looking around at some blogs I like to check out every once in awhile and I found one that caught my eye. It was called A Piece of Peace. This person suggested you find a book turn to page 123 write the 5th sentence down, tag five people who are suppose to do the same thing and see what they come up with.
I decided to do something different for myself. I took ten random books off my shelves, turned to page 123, and wrote down the 5th full sentence on those pages. This is what I came up with:

These are the books I used;
1) Where the Heart is by: Billie Letts
2) The Return of the King by: J.R.R. Tolken
3) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
4) A series of Unfortunate Events: The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket
5) People of the Owl by: Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear
6) The Chronicles of Narnia by: C.S. Lewis
7) The Secret Country; The Eidolon Chronicles Book 1 By; Jane Johnson
8) People of the Wolf by: W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear
9) Myth Adventures Volume one By: Robert Asprin's
10) Magyk; Septimus Heap Book one by; Angie Sage

With his chin tilted up and his lips peeled back tight against his teeth, Willy Jack gulped for air, fought for breath.
And the stars flamed in the sunlight, for they were wrought of gems by Arwen daughter of Elrond; and the crown was bright in the morning, for it was wrought of mithril and gold.
"Oh, I can't believe this.
He's always causing accidents.
It will slow her down to an awkward walk; but she doesn't need to run in order to cook or clean or...
Still there was no answer.
Then..."Look!"
"See?" She pointed at Heron.
From the intensity of the stench, I was sure we would find our objective soon.
He was a boy and she was just a stupid girl.

I read it to my husband, he said it almost made sense.
I might do this from time to time and if other people are reading this I think they should give it a try and see what they come up with. No books are off limits. I might even try magazines or newspapers if I choose a low enough page number. It does not have to be the 5th sentence it can be any one just as long as it is the same one in each book.
Maybe even teachers would find this an interesting challenge for kids to figure out which book which sentence came from.

Now for the thought of the day;
"On a clear day you can see... all of the weeds!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
How cool!! Ive done that meme before but never thought of stringing together a few different books to "write" a paragraph. I might have to try this this weekend!
Sandy said…
Thank you Mama Kelly. I did turn out better then I thought it would. If I get a chance I might do it again this weekend. It you try it I would like to see what your's looks like.

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake