A finish project Plus a ponder or two.

I finally finished my latest project.
It's another coaster set.


Now it needs a home.

I know I've been slacking on pondering. I have no good excuse that is except able. Maybe it's that I'm still suffering from a bad case of cabin fever. The calender tells me it's spring. The song birds returning,tells me it's spring. But all the snow on the ground tells me something different. And today, right now. It's snowing, again..Groan, groan, groan.
But here is one way I help the song birds when they return and there is all this snow on the ground.

Here a couple of pictures I took a little while ago of Robin's eating some apples on the apple tree. I leave apples on the tree in the fall because I know when the summer birds come back there will be snow on the ground. They will need something to eat besides seeds people put out for them. It usually doesn't take them to long once they find them to eat them all gone. I like to say it's my way of letting nature feed the birds in a way nature intended. If you look close enough at the first picture you will see a woodpecker near the crook of the tree.

Lately I've been hearing comments about women not being able to keep weight off. Like some of the women who represent weight loss programs. To me doing these weight loss programs only work for so long. The person who is trying to lose weight can only stick to these programs for so long. It gets to feeling as if you are trapped. So when they step away from the program even for a little while, the weight comes back on faster then they realize. And when you are lets say over 50 (like me), these programs fail even faster because in my opinion the CHANGE makes it harder to fight it because of the changes your body is going through. 
There is so much out there showing all these fit bodies of a twenty something. Good for them to get fit sooner then later. But just don't do the extreme stuff. To be fit is a life long life style. Quick diets or short diets only set you up for a bigger battle down the road. 
I've noticed people I've know for many years that use to be very thin. Now most of them have the muffin top that people talk about. Sadly I am now developing one too. A little one but it's there. I'm thinking some of it might have to do with the CHANGE starting to take over. 
I do not plan on trying one of those programs, ever. I just plan on continuing doing what I'm doing and when ever Spring finally decides to show up, I will be doing things outside again. Like taking the dog for a walk and working on some of the planned projects I would like to do in the yard. 
Winter does have the habit packing a few pounds on that just won't go away till spring has sprung. 
So my message to others is think smart. Don't think you can look like those people who keep posting pictures of how skinny they got on Pinterest. They are so far from real it could be deadly to the wrong person.
Well that is my ponder for now.
Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake