The end of 2013 and looking forward to 2014

Well Christmas is over. I hope everyone enjoyed their time with family and friends. Mine I guess you can say was uneventful. At least nothing earth shattering happened. 
Like allot of the country we had a white Christmas.

This is the whitest Christmas we have had in a long time. This picture was actually taken the day before Christmas. On Christmas it snowed lightly all day so there is even more snow piled up. 

Anyway now that 2013 is almost over, finally. It's time to start pondering the future of 2014. What will this year hold for the world? What will it hold for me? What kind of new dramas will be exposed?(As if we didn't have enough in the last one). 
The world is run by drama. Some is bad like losing lots of money, dealing with drama queens, con artists, politicians, control freaks, people that are able to really work but would rather find away to get something for no real effort on their part or someone being very selfish and blaming others for their own arrogant path. 

There is some good drama that could happen. Like winning lots of money. But when you think about that, it could bring about bad drama from all the leaches that would try to attach to you and suck you dry. 
Another good thing would be someone amazing coming into your life at the right time.
How about discovering you have a talent doing something that really makes you happy. 
Are you ready for all the new kind of drama that will happen in 2014? I'm up for a new adventure. 

Are you one of those people who make new year promises to do or change something in your life? I usually don't. But I've come up with a challenge for myself. 
I got the idea from something on Pinterest. It was a money challenge to save money. I did try it last year but due to some issues with money because the husband did have back surgery and his job being kind of slow from time to time it didn't work. I came up with a different kind of way to use the weeks of the year. 
Let me explain my idea. Instead of doing the money thing I'm going to do it with an exercise bike. Confused? What I plan on doing is getting myself a little bit more in shape, gradually. There are 52 weeks in a year. So what I am going to do is ride the  bike a minute for every week everyday of the year. 
Week one will be 1 minute a day
Week two, 2 minutes a day.
All the way up to 52 minutes by the end of the year.
It will be easy at first, of course. I figure a slow and easy start to this just might help me stay on track to get in better shape. 
I could always use some cheerleaders, any volunteers? Or even people to join me in this challenge.

Well that's my ponder for now.
Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake