Letter from Nov. 22 1932

Here is one of the old letters I keep talking about.

It's a little hard to read. But I'll try to rewrite it so it's a little bit more understandable. 
Dear Howard,
I received you letter and was glad to hear from you. My arm is better now. I can write now. I sure am glad you said that you wish that you were here but I still think that Wis is better boy do I wish that I was out there.
The weather is terrible cold out here. Gee do I wish that was was going hunting with you too. I wonder if you can send a deer head to me and I would pay for it. I sure would like to have one.
If I would have a way going out there I sure would be your partner at the dinner.
It sure is hard times out here to because I have now job. The jobs are bad out here.
Last night I had a party for my brother Frank. we sure had a good time we stay up till 4 o'clock in the morning.
I gave my girlfriends William Westberg address. And I think that she will write to him.
What is your cousins name maybe I know him (maybe).
You ask me how I would like to go there. Gee I would love to go and work.
I got my prize today for being the best dancer.
Sunday evening I got a beautiful seat of dishes. 
My cousin Ann was here when the mailman gave me the letter what you send me. Have a good time at the dinner. I sure am sorry that I can be there. I went for Thanksgiving dinner Thu fat deer meat for me to. please HoHo.
My sister is getting married in Jan. so I won't go no place on till it's over. Gee I don't know what else to write right now. So goodbye and good luck with your hunting because I won't the head please. 
Till one of you boy friend to write to this girls address
Miss Emma Molmar
1600 Monroe
Gary Ind.
With love Estille Oros 
write soon
please   

Well it's the best I can make out right now. Maybe someone can catch a word a wrote wrong. I did try to write it as it's written. Some of the spelling is wrong but it's the way she wrote it.

If anyone out there knows who this person is or was I would love to find the family and share the letters with them.

Till next time,
keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake