Snow blues or cabin fever, I want spring to be sprung!!

I didn't forget to write something last weekend, I just have not been in the mood to write lately. 
Life for me has been as humdrum as ever. One reason is that winter will not go a way around here. It's still white outside and just won't stop. Sure it does melt but then it will snow again making a bigger mess. 
I thought spring had sprung when I saw robins.
 
But the poor things have been snowed on at least twice since I took this picture. There is a saying that robins will get snowed on at least three times before the snow will go away. Looking at the forecast it just might be a few more times before it stops coming down in snow form.
In the mean time I think we are all suffering from cabin fever in Wisconsin. The husband is. It's to muddy and sloppy to do anything outside.  
I have been keeping myself a little busy by doing some plastic canvas projects. I decided to pick one of my pattern books and make everything in it. There are 101 different things to make. Right now I am on the 4th one. I could take pictures of everything I make and post it here. Which now that I think about it I just might. Maybe next post. I did give one to my Mom for Easter. It was a tissue cover that looks like their house in a way. 
I know your wondering how long will it take me to do 101 things? Awhile. It could take me a couple of years to get them all done. Once I'm done with them what will I do with them? Sell them if anyone is interested in them. Or give them as gifts. It all depends on what it is I guess.

One other thing I did with my humdrum life is go to a humdrum kind of wedding. The only thing I will say about it is, it was the most subdued kind of wedding I have ever been to. We just went to the wedding but that was enough. It's hard for me to be around that kind of energy. Maybe that's why I've been a little down lately. Or maybe it's the cold I've also been dealing with. More then likely a combination of everything. 
  
This is what my backyard looks like this morning. This time last year it was in the 60's or higher. For now the forecast is for maybe , if we are lucky, to be in the low 40's and maybe a few more chances of more snow. What a difference a year makes. I want to put my winter jacket away and start using something lighter.

Well that's about it for now. But before I go here is a picture of a couple of deer in the front yard.
So you enjoy your sprung spring while I wait for mine to start.

Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake