Words we are tired of hearing

I was recently asking people what word or words are they tired of hearing when they are talking to someone.
When I asked my nephew he refers to them as filler words( he's a teacher). So I guess you call them filler words.
We all know what they are so here is the list I got.

Um.
Ya know.
Really.
Seriously.
The f  bomb. (Personally I really hate this one especially when the person can't seam to say one sentence without it.)
God.
Like.
Well.
Anyway.
Maybe.
But.

Most people when I asked them could not think of one at first. But when I said some of the words from the list they usually picked one or still said there wasn't one.
Most people I guess don't really think about what they are hearing or even how they are saying things. Which tells me people don't really listen to what is being said. Our brains kind of block out what we don't want to hear or point out.

What am I most guilty of saying? Well..um...like..I don't know..maybe..ya know...anyway.
One word that I very rarely say is the f bomb. To me it's the ruddiest word anyone can say. I lose any respect for that person , if I had any to begin with.

So here is my challenge to anyone who wants to try. It has two parts.
The first part is listen to others talk. I mean really listen and try to pick up words they say to much. Make a mental list.
The second part is, listen to yourself and pick out the words you are saying to often.Just try it for a day. It's not easy but, when you start thinking about how you say things you will be amazed at what is really comes out of your mouth.

Well that's about it for now.
Till next time,
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake