Redneck shows

Last night I decided to check out a couple of new shows on CMT. The first one was Bayou  Billionaires. I guess you can think of the show Beverly Hillbillies without them moving to Beverly Hills. They are Gerald and Kitten Dowden. Last night the mother thought they could check out a country club. In that idea think Caddy Shack. At the end they decided the country club scene was not for them.
In their family they have four kids, two daughters and two sons.
Valerie is raising three kids on her own in a trailer house on the property. To me she is more then likely a force to be reckoned with. She knows what she wants but I'm not sure she will ever get it.
Chantel is not married at this time but she does have a daughter and a boyfriend of seven years. She is most proud of her new teeth and is always smiling. She's suppose to be the timid one.
Then there is Gerald Jr. who is a professional ATV racer. He is the only one who does not live on their compound with his wife and kids. They have a solar powered house.
The youngest son Thomas is said to be a Mamas boy. He's married with a little girl. He is a black belt.  He and his wife want to someday open their own Tae Kwon Do dojo someday.
Then to make their family complete Kittens 90 year old father also live with them.They say he is a real ladies man.

The second show Is called My Big Redneck Vacation.
It's the family called the Clampets who spent a month in the Hamptons. I just wonder how people there really felt about getting invaded by a bunch of true rednecks. Watching the first show and the scenes of the up coming shows it's a learning lesson for both sides.
One couple, Jared and Michelle, get married while they are there.Plus it looks like they have to deal with the hurricane that hit that area.
One thing that I did not like was Tom Arnold popping up from time to time commenting on things that were going on. That is the most annoying thing about the show.
I do know allot of people like the ones in both of these shows. People that are very down to earth. Love hunting, fishing, or just getting dirty in the woods. Truly working with their hands.
 My dad likes to sit around the fire pit from time to time for some campfire therapy.
So I guess you can say I'm kind of a redneck too. But my oldest one will say that because of where we live we are considered Hicks. I'm not sure what the difference is but to me they are all the same.

One bit of local news. A 17 year old girl was killed in a one vehicle accident this week. There were four kids in a pickup truck, one bench seat. The 16 year old driver swerved to avoid a dog that came out on to the road. He lost control. The truck flipped into the ditch. The girl was some how strangled by a necklace she was wearing. The others were hardly hurt at all. But looking at the truck it's amazing that the others were not  hurt worse or even killed. With four kids squished into the seat it didn't sound like anyone was wearing a seat belt.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the girls family. 

Well that's my ponder for this week.
I'll try to think of something better next time.
So till next time keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake