Pondering the swimming pool drowning

This is a hard one for me to get my head around.
How can a body lie at the bottom of a busy pool for almost three days and no one even bumps in to it?
I grew up spending most of my summers swimming in the town pool. Plus I was in synchronize swim for four years in high school(when they use to have it). I was also on the swim team for two years.
It is just so hard for me to understand that absolutely no one bumped into the body or saw it under water. I'm one who always has my eyes open under water. I'm sure there are other people who do the same thing. Allot of people wear goggles, which make things allot clearer under water.
Being in synchronize swim we had to keep our eyes open under water so we could see where we were going. But you don't have to be into something like that to have  your eyes open under water. Allot of kids play games under water so they have to see what each other is doing. And don't tell me none of the people in this pool do anything like this because they would be lying. 
I am also one who likes to swim at the bottom of the pool or see how long I can sit at the bottom. Once again don't tell me I'm the only one.
One more thing, the excuse that no one even saw the body in the pool when no one else was in it and the water was calm, this to me is very unbelievable.
Just one more thing that tells me people really don't want to get involved in anything. It's all about their fun and how they don't want it interrupted.
If I could give a little bit of advice to the life guard the little boy talked to about his mother (and any other life guard out there). Next time someone says that someone did not come up after jumping into the pool, blow your whistle( that's what it is for) and tell everyone to get out till you can check the whole pool out. Even if you have to get into the pool yourself. Or Call the persons name out and tell them to step forward so they can be identified.
There will be some people who will think this is funny to see everyone have to get out for something like this and cry wolf but, if the life guard knows the people they should be able to scan the pool and be able to tell if someone is lying or not. If they are lying well, there should be some kind of penalty for it. Maybe a kind of time out corner under a kind of guard( maybe even with a dunce hat) or a temporary ban from the pool. 
 It's just time for everyone to be more aware of others around them and care about them. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake