A letter to Howard

I've been thinking of posting something but I wasn't sure what. So I decided to post one of the old letters. This one was post marked Sept. 9, 1932.
So here it is:


Dear Howard;


I received your most welcome letter and I was glad to hear from you, how are you?
Gee it's been a long time since you have written to me, and I haven't answered you, you'll have to forgive me. I'm so busy working 10 hours a day, six days a week and when I get home I'm all tired out.And you enjoying yourself out in Ogema going to places such as parties or dances or any place where you could have fun. You know ever since I left Wisconsin I always dream of being there and when I wake I find myself here, isn't that awful?
I wish I could meet some real people, someday. Howard the only real people I've met is in Wisconsin.
Here boys and girls are all together different, they are mostly wild which I hate. So I wish I could go back to Wisconsin soon and get a job anywhere so I could make a living. Now you see I was planning to go out there but my Dad's layed off of work 2 weeks now I'm only  working in the family but it will change someday.
Now I'll close.
Answer soon.


Your true Friend,
Ann
1773 Polk St.
Gary Ind.


P.S. Please write me  a lot of news.


excuse my writing.


I did change some of the words because they either not spelled right or the sentence did not sound right.
Ann sent him about 23 letters.
If anyone is interested in me posting more of the letters more often just let me know. But I will warn you now some of these letters are hard to read because of the cursive. A few of them really like to make words very loopy. Allot of them are very informational and some are just normal day to day things that had to be done for housework.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake