Swimming advice and other things

Watching the news today they talked about 6 teenagers that drowned at the same time. I understand that how it happened was that one did not know there was a drop off. The part I find  hard to believe is that of all the people there no one knew how to swim. I only want to ask is, if you don't know how to swim why do you not have some kind of flotation devise with you.
Me, I'm a swimmer. But if I'm around someone who does not know how to swim I try to tell them to very careful. You never know what is under the water. They should also have something to hold onto when they are in water they are not sure of.
I know they did mean to wade out so far but it happens when you lest expect it. My heart goes out to the families who lost their loved ones.
Advice to all, no matter who you are if you plan on spending any time in or around the water you should know the basics even if it's just the dog paddle. And always have something with you that can float on. Even an experienced swimmer can become overwhelmed.  




Listening to the news while I'm working on this post they said there was a work place shooting where 9 people where killed. 8 innocent people and the gunman. Sounded like someone who was about to be reprimanded for something. Why do so many people feel that they have to end someone else's life then take their own? How are so many more people reaching this point? The human mind. You can study it all you want no one will ever figure it out. It's all a guessing game.


Another thing I heard was two young kids were stabbed by an family member. One died. Why do kids feel they have to do these kind of things? Is it TV?
Will it only keep getting worse? Yes.

There was something I heard about a drink driver that killed a father and his three adult sons. More heartache. To much for one family to have to bare.

So many heartaches. So many lives cut short.

One other thing I wanted to comment on and that is something I saw on  ABC Sunday Morning News. It was this hat that had a big bill on it that had a TV attached to it. Boy did it look stupid. Can you just picture seeing someone sitting on a beach with one of these things on their head. They said these things are selling. To me it's just another thing that gives to many people the excuse to ignore the things around them becoming more and more self absorbed. This will lead to others taking advantage of them while they under this very dumb looking hat. It's called a TV Hat. If you want to look like a real dork, then my advice is get one. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake