Bigger Is Not Necessarily Better

I decided to take a survey today a work. The question was: "When I say, Bigger is not necessarily better, what comes to your mind?"
Most people would grin at first not sure what to say. I told them whatever it is just say it. As you might guess most answers involved sex. These are some of the things they said that involved sex:
Penis was said 10 times.
Sex was said 4 times.
Boobs was said 5 times.
Then there was naughty thoughts, dirty stuff and something sexual.
The other short replies were;
  A house, a meal, money, government, plant building, engine, bullshit, weight, ice cream cone, size, piece of cake,big corporations and big business.
The other longer replies were:
Heavier people are friendlier then skinny people.
Bigger could lead to lower quality.
Quality beats quantity.
It's not the size of the ship, it's how you sail it.
It's how you use it.
Not always a good thing to be over educated. 
Now to tell you the truth I knew I would get answers that hinted to sex. But I thought it would be interesting to see how or if they could say it.
 If your wondering what comes to my mind well, most of the replies I got I agree with.
But the main one that comes to my mind the most is, big business.
Why?
I've just seen no good come from businesses that are huger then huge. Bigger mistakes are made that affect more people at the same time. Most of the mistakes are made because people are not given the respect they should have or the encouragement needed to do the best job possible.There is no pride in the jobs they do. No real voice in how things are done.
Depressing, right?
I could comment on all the replies but that would take to long and I don't want to totally bore you to death.
So instead I will give you all the mission to go out and ask anyone you can the same question and see what kind of responses you get.
You just might start some very interesting conversations or maybe it would an ice breaker.
I would love to hear what other people come up with.

Just keep on pondering. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake